This was the third of The Beatles’ six consecutive dates in the English seaside town of Southport, Lancashire. They played two houses on each night.
Throughout their Southport residency the group performed the same set of 10 songs: ‘Roll Over Beethoven’, ‘Thank You Girl’, ‘Chains’, ‘A Taste Of Honey’, ‘She Loves You’, ‘Baby It’s You’, ‘From Me To You’, ‘Boys’, ‘I Saw Her Standing There’ and ‘Twist And Shout’.
Also on this day...
- 2010: John Lennon’s toilet sells for ￡9,500
- 1969: George and Pattie Harrison travel to the Isle of Wight to see Bob Dylan
- 1969: Apple holds a launch party for Radha Krsna Temple
- 1969: Mary McCartney is born
- 1968: Recording: Dear Prudence
- 1966: Live: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- 1965: Live: Balboa Stadium, San Diego
- 1964: Bob Dylan turns The Beatles on to cannabis
- 1964: Live: Forest Hills Tennis Stadium, New York
- 1963: Television: The Mersey Sound
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.